It's almost noon and I just had breakfast. I'm still in my bathrobe, my hair pulled back in a ponytail, where it has been since I washed it last night and didn't feel like blowing it dry. There are still the remnants of eyeliner and mascara from going out Friday night with friends that I haven't diligently attended to. My little girl has been blowing it out both ends since she woke up, always with a smile on her face. We have a sink full in the guest bathroom of soaking, stain treated clothes. And I wouldn't change any of it for the world. You see, the reason I'm just now having breakfast is because after letting Chris sleep in this morning, he took Nora, and let me read in bed for a while. I'm reading a book that doesn't just make you turn page after page, but opens your eyes the way I think I good book should. It has been entertaining, educating, and moving, and I'm only half-way through. (It's on our blog list of recommended reading, Same Kind of Different As Me.) I'm in my bathrobe because it is an excellent substitute for a Baby Bjorn and I am able to make breakfast, hands free, while toting Nora around and hopefully preventing the back left side of her head from getting any flatter than it already as. Nora has been blowing it out both ends after eating a TON in the mornings after going from 7:30pm-7:00am between feedings and letting us sleep like champs. And, while we may have a full sink in the bathroom, the kitchen sink is clean, thanks to Chris who tended to the mountain of dishes piled up, while I lay in bed reading.
So when Chris saw me sitting here with our daughter tucked in my robe, conked out, while I tried to eat my english muffin without dripping hot peanut butter on her head, his first instinct was not to help but to reach for the camera. "Smile!" he said. "Are you crazy?! Don't get ME in it, just her!" I said, with a mouth full of peanut butter. He took a few pictures of both of us anyway. Then after reviewing them, zoomed in for one of just Nora. When he was zooming in, I asked him, "So they must have been some pretty bad ones, since after looking at them, you THEN decided to get one just of her." He looked at me without flinching and said, "Are you kidding? I could wake up to that every day for the rest of my life." What can you say to something like that? So I called him over for a kiss, and then seriously considered washing my face and brushing my teeth today.
I wouldn't normally post pictures of myself like this on the internet, for all the world to see, but it's a good reminder of what's important and what I have to be thankful for: a healthy and happy daughter, my husband, and a lazy Sunday after getting to spend a night out with friends...a coupla' days a go.)
1 comment:
Hello Love,
I heart this post. THIS IS what life is all about. Mornings like this, comments like that, and beautiful moments (blowing it out both ends) are blessings blessings blessings. Love you all - and Meg - You are ALWAYS stunning!
Post a Comment