Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So Much Can NOT Happen in a Month

Our life has changed forever over this past month. So much has happened, in fact, it's far too much to list. Some of the highlights included: a lunch date AND night out with my husband on the same day, cracking lobsters at home for New Years Eve, a much needed and deserved Bloody Mary (extra spicy), and a certain someone slept through the night...once.

Now, let me tell you what did NOT happen this month. Two young Brittany Spaniels did not get much exercise. With the addition to the family and the freezing temperatures, they missed out on many walks. Although, Mayhem did still squeeze in a few laps around the pool. We also don't pet them much during the day because there isn't enough hand sanitizer to justify it. We pet and snuggle them at night, when we are covered in spit-up, and Nora is sleeping. Then we bring the baby monitor into the bathroom, jump in the shower, and rinse off the accumulated filth.

The Christmas tree that we purchased the weekend after Thanksgiving did NOT get fully trimmed this year. We did manage to get lights on the lower right quadrant. We would have done the whole tree but I was too uncomfortable to try to do it when I was pregnant, too uncomfortable to do it after giving birth, and Chris was doing it all wrong...so I stopped him. When I finally was "comfortable" enough to give it another shot, the needles were so dry that the tree would have been bald after I finished. No need for an ugly fire hazard in our living room for Christmas. Instead, we just plugged in the few lights that were on it, hung the 4 special Christmas ornaments that were given to Nora, placed Kitty Kitty (the porcelain toilet cat) under the tree, and just let it rock.

After a whole month, my daughter has NOT yet started to resemble me. Despite my attempts to dress us alike and pose her just so, even at the right angle, most people have yet to see any similarity. Oh well, maybe next month, maybe next kid. Speaking of, we also did not conceive another child this month, in case anyone was wondering.

A lot of other notable things didn't happen this month. We didn't go to church, which we really miss. We didn't have our 5th Annual Mistletoe Mingler, so we'll be making up for that next year. We didn't do many blog posts, but hey, what's new? The Jags didn't make the Playoffs (again). Jack Del Rio didn't get fired (again). I did not fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes or my maternity clothes. Most importantly, I have not even put a dent in Thank You notes. We have been overwhelmed by well wishes, phone calls, cards, gifts, hand-me-downs, and meals since bringing Nora home and I feel terrible that I haven't been able to thank everyone yet. We have simply been blown away by the love and generosity our friends, family, neighbors and co-workers have shown us. So until I get those notes out, many thanks!

We look forward to all that will happen and NOT happen in the coming month and year. And we look forward to sharing it with our faithful blog followers, all eleven of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent update!

"...we also did not conceive another child this month, in case anyone was wondering."

haha.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Love the truth and honesty. Welcome to the beautiful world of parenthood. You are all precious and Nora is truly a treasure. Enjoy the wonder of it all. Love Shawna

Erica "Reeves" Maniscalco said...

Meghan, your blog is awesome! Congrats on Nora. She is beautiful!

Jennifer Geis said...

Love you guys! Can't wait to meet her!