Friday, November 1, 2013

Fearsome Threesome

This will most likely be our last post as a family of three.  October flew by as we prepared for baby number two's arrival.  For the last 6 months, Chris has been attending weekend classes and studying hard for his General Contractor's license.  We are so proud (and relieved) that he passed both tests on the first attempt and before the sleepless nights with a newborn are here.  It is quite an accomplishment and will open the door to new business opportunities at work.  Handsome and smart, look out! 


While in Tallahassee taking his 10 hr test, he swung by the Bass Pro Shop and couldn't resist buying some camo overalls for Nora.  She wore them out to the farm with her matching hat that he couldn't resist on a previous trip to Orlando.  (He also bought the baby some John Deere camo socks that I am supposed to put on her at some point.)


I give him a hard time sometimes, but I have to admit she looks pretty darn cute.  
Her favorite color is brown, so she was thrilled. 


We hit up the pumpkin patch where Nora picked out the wartiest pumpkin she could find.  We carved it up a couple days later.  It is too hideous to share. 


The girl loves horses.  She just needs a flaming spear and she'd be perfect.


We took quite a long drive out to Conner's A-MAZE-ING Acres so we could enjoy a sweltering hayride and so that I could waddle through a corn maze in the blazing sun.  


The maze made the top of the list of "Places I Would Not Want My Water to Break" 
...followed by the Thrift Store as a close second.



Halloween marks possibly one of the last family of three photos. The Cat in the Hat had a blast and I'm so glad baby number 2 stayed inside, not only long enough for us to enjoy one of our favorite holidays together, but also long enough for me to wash the paint off.  I did not want to go to Labor and Delivery like this.


I was happy I felt so good and was able to hang for so long.  Nora's highlight of the evening was receiving a bag of BBQ chips.  Who knew that would be the most prized treat of the night?!


The Mule that our neighbors let us ride around in definitely contributed to my longevity.  


I think October might have done me in though. I'm wiped out today.  
As the 1st day of November draws to an end, I can easily say that I am ready for this to be a family of 4... like NOW!

2 comments:

The Grymes' said...

Wow! You are one trooper of a mom/wife/woman!! You seriously rock! ~Paige

Marjorie, MA41381 said...

Corn maze waddling, blazing sun, lil cat in the hat Nora...amazing.