Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Messy Business

Here's a question for you: Would you rather experience giving birth OR potty training a child?  

As for me, the jury is still out but I am leaning more towards childbirth.   Both are exhausting, unpredictable, and messy.  Potty training usually lasts much longer than a few days and you never really know if you should just give up.  At least with childbirth, you know that one way or another that baby is coming out and then it's over.  Let me tell you something else. Potty training is the messiest business out there. I felt way sexier after giving birth than after a single day of cleaning up "accidents" all over the house.  

Having said that, I can say that I have officially survived both and the feeling of accomplishment is just as great.  Nora is 99% potty trained and it is awesome.  We spent 5 days at home to get it done and then I rewarded her with a big surprise, going to the movie theater. 


We pulled up and I told her where we were and her only response was, "Are there undies inside?"  She thought we were going to buy some new underwear.  Trying to let her down gently, I told we would go to the undies store after the movie. 


We met Aunt Court and my Goddaughter there so the girls could experience their first movie going experience together.  We saw Rio and the girls each had a snack tray, which they carefully balanced in their laps. We moms had to hold their seat cushions down because the kids weren't heavy enough and the seats kept flapping back on them.


Langston gave up on having her own chair and shared one with Court for the movie.  Nora was happy in her own chair for most of the time which meant I held the chair down for the better part of the movie, until she decided she wanted to take her shoes off and stand a while.  She used the public restroom, for the first time ever, during the movie. I was overjoyed.  Then it was off to Target, aka the undies store, for a sweet set of My Little Pony underpants. 

It should be noted that in our family, my undergarments are to be referred to as panties, and Nora's as undies... a rule set by the man of the house.  Other rules include, Chris can see Nora on the toilet, but not his wife.  That one was set by me, about a decade ago. Gotta keep the spark alive people. 

Now that I have potty trained a strong willed child, I can "look forward" to giving birth again.  I'm halfway there.  Here's me at 20 wks, a few days before getting confirmation that we have another little girl on the way.  Frost is going to have to retire.  He performed the ring test for a 2nd and 3rd time, both tests indicating  boy.  Boy, was he wrong.  We are so happy.  We're gonna being a house full of undies!


No comments: