We have officially been home for a week now with our little baby girl. I've been wanting to do a blog post but haven't seemed to find the time until now. (I have been a bit overwhelmed by all the texts, emails, and facebook messages so please forgive me if I haven't responded yet.) This post will be somewhat brief because there is a little baby with an insatiable thirst sleeping just a few feet away. Many people have asked us how things are going, are we hanging in there, and what do the dogs think. Well, I'll tell you.
My mom brought home some blankets from the hospital that Nora rubbed her sweet scent all over. After sniffing my mom from head to toe, they focused on the blankets and calmed down immediately. Ruckus took the blanket to his mini camo couch and snuggled with it. May shortly followed suit.

When we got home, Chris let the dogs come in one at a time to smell Nora in her car seat. Not too close, we're not crazy. After they were introduced, Chris settled in with his little clone baby and relaxed on the couch. The dogs sized up the situation.

Our little mohawk child immediately became the center of attention. We all just can't stop staring at her.

We've been doing great, better than just hanging in there. We have had a few sleepless nights, but more easy nights. Usually, she is a little angel.

A happy (or gassy) baby, no doubt. She lets us know when she needs a diaper change by making CB radio static sounds in her pants and then flashing us this innocent smile.

She can be a bit shifty at times. Yes sir, she knows when to turn it on and off. She often sleeps with one eye open to stay apprised on the daily comings and goings.

We have to pull her shade down if we want any privacy. Which lets face it, we really don't right now. We have a newborn.

Nora is fitting right in with the crew. She's one of the family and has taken her place in the pack order, right ahead of Ruckus and Mayhem. We are so excited to watch her personality develop. She's already a little ham. Once she has some neck control, we are really going to be in for a treat.

By the way, you all who voted "BOY" in our poll must feel pretty stupid right now. I know I do.
3 comments:
!!!i love you guys!!!!
sight test predicted girl in june.
You are so funny, Meghan!!! And Nora is absolutely beautiful!! Love the smiling pic. I'm so glad to hear everything is going as smoothly as possible. I know you probably have a million friends to ask questions to, but please let me know if you need anything. Love ya, girlie.
Post a Comment