
Why lay in bed wide awake, wishing I still had the ability to sleep in, when there is a sunrise just out there waiting? We got up at 6:30, loaded the crate in the car, followed by two excited dogs, grabbed some water and towels and headed to the beach. We have a secret spot where we can always seem to find parking and the beach is rarely crowded.
There isn't much to report about the day other than what the pictures don't already describe. It was quiet, beautiful, and refreshing to be out there before the rest of the world woke up. Mayhem loved to jump the waves and Ruckus went nuts for the seagulls. Chris twinged his ankle trying to run with them as I waddled several yards behind.
I wore some white shorts, which in hindsight were probably a poor choice for wading in the waves, but other than that the day was without thrills. It was just a quiet morning together, playing with our dogs.
When hunger and fatigue struck, we drove down 3rd Street looking for some breakfast. We ended up eating at the 3rd Street Diner while the dogs were passed out in the car. Home by 9, bathed the dogs, and we were back in bed by 10 for a morning nap.
2 comments:
sounds awesome. i bet that nap felt soooo good. next time, go to Beach Hut
Isn't Beach Hut kinda of a greasy spoon? I've never been there but that's always what I've heard. I was craving a Breakfast Burrito. Know of any places at the beach that serve that?
Post a Comment