To commemorate this bold move, we decided to dress up and offer ourselves up as his first capture. I must say, he was a little unprepared. I guess he wasn't expecting two Mexicans to come ashore and jump a fence off the Atlantic Ocean. But that's the situation he found himself in. He made do with a nearby machete and quickly subdued us.
Don't worry, he released us just in time for chow. Speaking of, ever try to enjoy a chip, with some dip, while fashioning a thick, yet neatly groomed stache? It ain't pretty. I wore a mustache at a Fiesta last year for close to 4 hours and never experienced the mess I did this afternoon. The sweat lining my upper lip did not make for the perfect anchoring device and I learned the hard way that spinach dip and facial hair just don't mix.
It was quite the send off for Agent Bell. Before leaving, Chris and I headed down to the beach with the Westermans for a quick swim. We decided to try some launches in the ocean but Chris just couldn't give me the height or hang time I craved. We gave up after a belly flop and several misfires. If Brandon and Stephanie hadn't been with us, we probably would have kept at it. Unfortunately the waves were rough and I could tell Steph was getting tired off holding my sunglasses while I pretended that I could be weightless in water. I don't know if it was the attempts at throwing a grown woman or the strenuous game of catch with the velcro ball and mitt, but Chris is currently icing his back. A back massage request seems imminent.
1 comment:
Hey guys!!! Love the blog. Carey mentioned it was the best blog ever, and since I'm trying to catch up on blogs (I've been regretfully pathetic at following and even in writing my own in the preparation for our first homeschooling year) I totally apologize- I haven't visited in awhile. But, Carey was totally right! You guys are hilarious!
And, I love the idea for the ABC dates- I has all the effort, humor and spontaneity that marks great relationships!! I'm glad you shared this- quite convicting and a little nudge that I need to make sure I put enough effort into keeping those things alive in my relationship. So, thanks so much.
Blessings~
Post a Comment