In October of 2009, I dyed my hair brown and we escaped to Canada for a vacaction. We're adventurous and thrifty, so we flew to Seattle, stayed there for a few days and then took the bus to Vancouver. Some highlights of
our Seattle stay include a hotel room with a bathtub that fills up from a faucet in the ceiling, and a Seahawks game where you can bring your own food in the stadium or order giant breadbowls of clam chowder. After a 3 hr bus ride we arrived in Vancouver, Canada where Chris was finally reunited with his beloved Ketchup Chips. We'll come back to that later.
Unbeknownst to us, we had booked our hotel in the sexy district. Lots of sexiness going on, in and around that hotel ;) We were going to buy Chris a banana hammock but they were a little overpriced so we opted for food instead (sushi). We were served the biggest rolls we have ever seen and
they were delicious and sexy! After enjoying several days of rain and flulike symptoms, we traveled to Squamish for some rock climbing. It was undoubtedly the highlight of the trip. Here you can see me all geared up, asking Chris to hold my gum so I could dominate the rock. He complied and then did some climbing of his own. I think the fact that we have been trying to use our feet a lot more in everyday life really helped us in this situation. Using your feet to create friction on the rock was something we did not have experience with, as this was our first time friction climbing on a granite surface. I think
they were delicious and sexy! After enjoying several days of rain and flulike symptoms, we traveled to Squamish for some rock climbing. It was undoubtedly the highlight of the trip. Here you can see me all geared up, asking Chris to hold my gum so I could dominate the rock. He complied and then did some climbing of his own. I think the fact that we have been trying to use our feet a lot more in everyday life really helped us in this situation. Using your feet to create friction on the rock was something we did not have experience with, as this was our first time friction climbing on a granite surface. I think the fact that we had been trying to use our feet a lot more in everyday life finally came in handy. (I knew we weren't just picking up dirty laundy and opening up doors with our toes for nothing.) Here you can see the artistry in our climb. 

Seattle, carrying with us our usual oversized luggage plus 2 bags of Ketchup chips that Chris was able to smuggle back into the states. If you haven't had ketchup chips, don't worry, I found them to be revolting. If you want to combine sucking on a ketchup packet with a crunch, then this is your snack. Otherwise, stay away. So the ketchup chips made it succesfully across the border, but how, might you ask would they make it to Florida. I posed the same question to Chris as we struggled to wheel our luggage down the streets of Seattle, ever mindful of the Jiffy bag containing this precious snack. "Don't you think they're going to be crushed by the time we get home?" "Don't you think it's going to be kinda tricky squeezing everything into our 2 suitcases so that you can have the chips as your carry-on?" "Don't you think those chips are nasty?" NO! was always the answer. I was, however, able to convince him to polish off an entire bag before arriving at the airport. So we boarded the plane and Chris gently placed the chips in the overhead compartment. As more and more people loaded their belongings, he would get up and move the chips so they would not be crushed. We are finally in our seat ready for takeoff when the most distict smell started blowing in my face. Somehow the overpowering smell of the ketchup chips had polluted the cabin's air supply. It was either turn off all of my vents or smell ketchup for 3 hours. Vents off, Meghan annoyed, ready to destroy the ketchup chips. We landed and the chips made it home intact. He took them to work for his lunch and they were gone in 3 days. Meanwhile we awaited the arrival of a few of our belonging that we had to ship home, via UPS, to avoid additional airline fees.
So that was October. We'll see when I get to the other months.

1 comment:
What about November? Please update ASAP
Post a Comment