There are days when I say to myself, "Whose child is this?!" Halloween has yet to be one of those days. Like her folks, Nora lives for Halloween. She stood still, holding the towel around her shoulders, as I sprayed painted her hair. She carefully stepped into her jumper and never protested while having her face painted blue. It was chilly outside and I made a last minute decision (an hour before getting dressed) to dye a pair of tights blue instead of painting her bare legs. My sister used a hair dryer on the tights just minutes before we put them on, and although the body paint that I used on the tights made them rather stiff, Nora climbed right into them. I put the smurf hat on her head and there it stayed for the rest of the night. After typing this, it kind of does make me think, "Whose child is this?" Mine is not usually this cooperative.
She was charged and ready to roll. Gargamel set up the 4-wheeler and trailer with 2 bales of hay (hales of bay as I like to call them), a lawn chair, and a blanket. We were ready to go pick up some more trick or treaters and cruise the neighborhood.
Gargamel's costume was made complete with a the pool net, filled with a few smurfs. (See the little guys trapped in the net?) Those were the ones I played with growing up. Nora plays with them now and loves them. She used to eat dinner with Papa Smurf. Gargamel usually hangs out on her dresser, where he belongs.
We swung by the neighbors and picked up half of Jacksonville. Then we trick or treated via Gargamel's Hayride. I wish I had a picture of the hayride because it was fully loaded. (I know someone out there captured one so please send it my way if you got a good one.)
Nora smurfed right up to the house with the pack of kids. She was usually the smallest one trying to smurf her way through the crowd, but she said "Tick or Teet" every time.
The bald cap brothers rode back to back on the 4 wheeler chatting it up. I imagine they were discussing various Spirit Gum techniques.
Chris loves this picture because he says we were in perfect stride all night long. Every time Nora received candy she would start running back, yelling, "HAYRIDE!" We would go to 3 or 4 houses at a time and then pile back into the hayride. She sat in the hay and would go through her pumpkin, pulling out her newest candy. Then she would hold it up and say, "Poop Potty." Apparently, she thinks that's the only way she's allowed to eat it. Fine by me! She has yet to "Poop potty" so we have a lot of Halloween candy left. Chris and I have started to put a dent in it, because we are potty trained.
1 comment:
You are creating such fun memories for Nora. She is so BLESSED to have you and Chris. She is the perfect mix of both of you!
Post a Comment