Its been kind of a long week. Nora has been skipping her nap practically every day. She just screams in her crib until she has been thoroughly Ferberized for the day and then we go play again. I feel like I might need to cry it out myself. Swim lessons were cancelled this week due to the unusually cold temps and then the instructor twisted her ankle. Nora is teething and for the first time it's really bothering her...and me. Those incisors are no joke. Chris has also been out of town since Wednesday which really upsets The Beast. As if all those things aren't unpleasant enough, let's throw in the fact that she hasn't been eating and is waking up every night for anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours at a time. Oh, and she had her first case of raging diaper rash this week. Eeek, this kid is jacked up. All I can say is TGIF and THANK GOD FOR NONNA taking us to the beach today.
We were hoping that her absolute HATE for sand would be resolved by wearing the water shoes. It worked! I hear that I was the same texture freak about sand as a kid too. Oh well, I got over it. Nora is a work horse. She collected rocks in her bucket most of the time we were there, only breaking to eat a banana or to urinate.
When she did need to urinate, she started the long trek back to Lodge by herself. (See the blue dot? That's her.) We kept thinking she would find a good shell and turn back. It wasn't until I went to get her that I noticed her bathing suit was wet. Gotta love swim diapers. I grabbed her and rinsed her in the ocean. She is still not a fan of the ocean. About 20 minutes later we would repeat the whole scenario.
This is me saying cheese. (Yikes.) The beach rejuvenated me for the weekend. She took a long nap in the car and has been self playing ever since we got home, which has been long enough for me to do a blog post and a load of laundry. That is a modern day miracle. As my dad always says, "For my next act.." I just might attempt to unload the dishwasher.
Have a great weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment