Monday, February 13, 2012

Heaven Sent

"Yes, they're the 3 best friends that any one's ever had..." Well not really, but the eye gauging and hair pulling is really quite minimal. Today we had a play date at the park with Lilly and Charlie, and let me tell you, it could not have come at a better time. It's gotten to the point at our house where I can't tell if the scratch marks on the doors have come from Mayhem, Nora, or me, desperately trying to get out! Once we did get out (in public) the Beast turned into the quiet little thing that everyone thinks she is. Thank the Lord for good friends with kids! I couldn't take anymore whining and screaming. I've really been working hard to build up my tolerance, but there is just only so much crying one person can take.

Thankfully, JJ brought Lilly's new 4 wheeler so the girls were able to expel a ton of energy riding and chasing each other down. Nora has one that her dad got her for Christmas, so she was familiar with the mechanics.


It was a comfortable day at the park. A sunny 58 degrees. Perfect for running around and playing. Not so perfect for long, strait, stringy hair. I don't have time or energy to fight Nora during breakfast, the diaper change, getting dressed, getting into the car seat, AND styling her hair. So the latter suffers. Today she was sporting the Shrek 'do. Quite fitting for the little ogre she has been. It also makes me laugh every time I look at her. She pulls clips and bows out, so pigtails/horns are what we're going with.

On the way home, I received a picture text from JJ. On their 3 minute drive home, Lilly had surrendered. Upon inspection, I had been blessed as well. Mary chimed in with the same results. Further evidence that there is a God!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

3 comments:

Mommy said...

I love Nora's outfit. And her pigtails.

Emily said...

Play Dates are good for a mamma's soul!! Speaking of which... we should plan one soon!!!

Debbie Vitale said...

They look like angels to me, especially in the picture where they are sleeping.