I feel like it's been forever since I last sat down to write a post. I think a part of me has wanted to keep this blog more about life as a whole, rather than turn it into a blog about my life as a stay at home mom. But that's what my life is these days, and it's a good thing. There are great stories from every day that I spend with Nora, but I do not think that my life revolves around Nora, nor should it. Staying at home can be lonely, frustrating, and monotonous. It can also be relaxing, rewarding, and just plain fun.
Most of you who know me and Chris, know that we can easily become stir crazy. We like to have our hand in 6 pots at once. I, for example, am still working my video editing business (very part-time), selling Arbonne, and now have a shop on Etsy, while staying home and trying to be a good wife, mom, pet owner, and blogger :) Chris and I often talk about the fact that we both lack that one single "passion" in life. In sharing this with my cousin Liz, she reminded us that "Variety is the spice of life". I think that's been the way we have been living our life and what has brought great happiness to our marriage. We just never thought about it in those simple terms. I was raised to always try new things. At the time, I thought the purpose of that was to find the ONE thing I was good at, stick with it, and continue to improve upon it. Now I see that those experiences have shaped me into the person I am. I enjoy playing sports, cooking, shooting, cooking, fishing, painting, sewing, climbing, creating, traveling, snowboarding, and, of course, chilling. I wouldn't consider myself passionate about just one of those things, and I wouldn't consider myself exceptional at any of those either. Chris, who is surfing Hurricane Irene's leftover waves right now, is a true adventurer. He has big dreams, and they change every day. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with what the latest dream is. Since I have known him, he has considered joining the military, becoming a missionary, moving to a place where he knows no one (Alaska, Idaho, Spokane, etc.), buying land in Costa Rica... I could go on and on. He saves up for kayaks, and guns, four wheelers and water skiis. I know that he never envisioned raising a family in Jacksonville, married to a girl he went to high school with, attending the church he grew up in. But that is where God has us right now, enjoying the "Spice of Life" in Jacksonville. Together. Our goal is to raise our children with that same spice, to have well rounded, God centered (instead of self centered), children. So look for more blogs from me about everything, including being a stay at home mom. I'll try to keep things spicy! Until the next post, here are some pics from life, lately.Nora's first driving lesson. (Don't call Child Protective Services, I was standing right behind her.)

Caught on camera after a long day at the outlet mall, my friend (and sister in law), Teresa, and her sweet little girl Nealie. I love when they come in town for a visit! She is a mother of 4 and just makes it look easy.

Chris and I on the "P Date". Pool Party. Actually it was a surprise White Party for Travis, a friend that Chris played basketball with in college. He was very surprised, and so was Chris! Chris didn't know we were going up to Georgia that night for the celebration, and leaving Nora with my mom overnight for the first time. We had so much fun with the Walsh's and their friends, and Chris really rocked those white shorts, don't ya think?
Chris and his dad volunteering at our church's Power Surge outreach celebration. (My job was "photographer". Passion #46)

Looking for proof that Nora is wearing me out?! Look no further. This is Nora and me at lunch with our good friends Dayna and Avery. Nora had been waking up every night this week and was running me into the ground. We took the girls to a "Mommy and Me" class and then out to lunch. And then...home for naps!
Dinner and hookah with the girls. Carrie was in town from L.A. and I hadn't seen her in 2 years. Dianna lives in town and we don't see each other enough. We all had a lot of catching up to do and Chris was nice enough to watch Nora so I could relax with the ladies.
It's been a great summer, but we're looking forward to cooler weather and what the fall will bring. Football, holidays, and Nora's 1st birthday are right around the corner. So is my next blog post.
1 comment:
So happy you are "back" updating the blog. Your words are ringing true in my heart. I have been seeking that One Passion for my whole life, but like you, I find it in so many places. Hope you guys have a great Sunday - let's get the girls together sometime soon:)
Post a Comment