Monday, August 29, 2011

One Cracker to Another

Nora basically only eats solids with her hands now. When I say eat, I mean swallow. When I say hands, I mean fists. Our friend Dayna, suggested we start giving her Ritz crackers to help her learn how to chew. (On a side note, let me just say that if you are a mom without many friends with children around the same age, you must be lost. We last saw the pediatrician in June at Nora's 6 month appointment. So much has changed and will change before her 9 month appointment. She would not be doing and trying the things she is without the advice and support of other moms...and the internet.) So, it was Buy 1 Get 1 Free for Ritz crackers at Publix this week. SCORE. We haven't enjoyed Ritz crackers in a while, especially since we are making the gradual move towards eating more organically. But, in the interest of teaching Nora to chew her food, I scooped up two boxes of the processed snack and busted them out this Saturday for ALL to enjoy.
During Nora's afternoon nap, we were lounging by the pool, snacking on some Ritz. We realized how selfish we were being and thought the dogs might want to partake in this delicious, processed, afternoon snack. As Mary Poppins might say, "Let's make a game of it." The game: Who can feed their dog a Ritz, from their mouth, without having their facing bitten off?

You can see Mayhem anxiously awaiting her turn, licking her chops in anticipation. I was a little worried. She is the psycho one...
This is NOT a picture of Mayhem saying "Ahhhhhh." Chris captured the picture right as her jaw snapped open. She scared the begeesies out of me, but she was gentle, and I still have my nose.
In completely unrelated news...in the first 2 photos, Nora is sporting her very first outfit handmade by her mom, moi. I was so excited that not only did I finish the entire thing during 2 nap sessions and a 1/2 hour that Chris had her out of the house, BUT it fit! This was my first attempt at garment making and I think it was a success. The colors in this Sun Suit really bring out her eyes, and the ruffles minimize the size of her booty when she has a giant load. What to make next?


3 comments:

Emily said...

Ritz crackers are great! Currently, L is OBSESSED with graham crackers and bananas. The outfit is sso cute!! Can't wait to see more of your creations:)

Brie said...

The outfit is AWESOME!!! I have sewn 2 pieces of clothing for my children, well technically just Ayden. It is very gratifying! As far as Ritz, next time buy Back to Nature crackers! They are just like ritz but much more awesome and healthier! In fact I highly recommend their Graham Crackers too!!!

Weavers said...

Thanks ladies. Brie, I'll definitely be checking out the Back to Nature crackers. Thanks for the tip. Nora doesn't make it easy on me when I want to cruise the aisles and read labels at Whole Foods.