In my last post I toyed with the idea of posting ANOTHER dog post, or perhaps something about the elderly. Well this one has both! Ruckus (a.k.a Ruck, Uncle June, Ruckman June, Juney, Rucky Boy, Pig, The Mayor of Psychoville, Ruck Reginald, The Boy...) just turned 4! To celebrate, we hosted our traditional birthday party and served hot dogs with ketchup. This year we saved a few pennies (and calories) by serving them "sans bun". The Mayor has been tipping the scale lately and hasn't been as light in the loafers as we'd like him to be. Uncle June has been needing assistance getting into bed and even took a nasty spill, scraping his eyebrow, while running up the back steps.
At not even 3 months old, Nora had yet to attend a dog's birthday party. She had also never seen a dog eat a hot dog off a paper plate. (She doesn't get out much.) So when we served up those dogs to the dogs, Nora broke into hysterics. Out of nowhere she just started cracking up. I love that she finds humor in this, especially since we have 2 dog birthday parties a year at our house. She is going to love growing up in a house of absurdities. I just know it.
We loved hearing her laugh so much, Chris threw 2 more wieners on the grill in the hopes of coaxing a few more giggles out of her. So much for cutting back on The Boy's calories.
After dinner we surprised Ruck with his very own Warthog. When I say "very own", I really mean "yet another thing to cherish that Mayhem will snatch right out from under his sweet Pig nose." Happy Birthday Ruck!
No comments:
Post a Comment