Gone are the stripes, formica countertops, and 24" sink base made for children 4'0 tall. The old toilet, green fixtures, and cream colored paint....also gone. We attempted to peel the wallpaper off by hand, sliver by sliver, but gave up after removing an equal amount of drywall as wallpaper. So instead of opting for a new wall paper pattern, like something out of the Martha Stewart Home Collection, we went with paintable wallpaper. We reused the old basic mirror but had it framed for a steal at Hobby Lobby.
For the commode, we opted for the elongated bowl with the water saver feature. It's a few inches taller than our old one and Chris occasionally will hear a slam come from the bathroom as as I hit the seat hard, still expecting it to be 1970's regulations height. I'll get used to it eventually, especially since my bladder is now about the size of a walnut.
We added a bright new shower curtain and a memory foam bath mat that I wish they would make flip flops out of. All I want to do is stand on it and drip dry.
A painting we recently purchased while roaming the streets of Puerto Rico hangs on the back wall behind our sinks.
While almost everything has been updated, we let our little friends stay. They hang out on the window sill. Sometimes I feel like they're staring at me, but I think most of the time it's the other way around.
3 comments:
Looks great!
any plumbing issues during the demo?
Nothing 6 extra trips to Lowes couldn't fix :)
Post a Comment