So as I sit here alone, with this Sunday all to myself, I start to think about what I should do with my day. Then my thoughts turn to Chris and the intense manual labor that he is doing this very moment. Instead of feeling his pain, my mind is suddenly filled with pictures of him hard at work and it makes me laugh. Not because I am cruel, but because the images are too hilarious and compelling. It hits me, my husband is doing an Extreme Makeover today! This is most certainly blog worthy.
Who is this Chris Weaver that I am married to? Is he an original, as I believe him to be, or simply a mirror image of someone slightly older and slightly more erratic? I start compiling evidence to prove my theory that Chris Weaver does not just have a "Look Alike" out there, but he is indeed leading a parallel life with TV host, Ty Pennington.
Let's review the evidence.
Both Chris & Ty have a little too much fun doing work around the house. Chris is pictured here covered in drywall, while remodeling a bathroom. 

Cut off shirts not only accentuate the arms, but they enable your body to breathe. This is true whether you're hard at work lifting beers or installing hard wood floors.
Life isn't all work and no play. Both Chris and Ty enjoy throwing on a suit and and hitting the town. My research has yet to show whether Ty incorporates knee slides into his dance routine. If so, has he ever contemplated wearing his workman knee pads to a wedding (so that he wouldn't get holes in his rented tux pants). I may never know the answer to this one. All I know is, the orange works for both. Grrrr.

Finally, they both know how to make some noise. Whether moving a bus or playing Hot Foot* at Square One, they can get people to shout on cue.
*Hot Foot is played by placing a lit match at the heel of a friend's flip flop when they aren't looking, backing away, and then waiting for their screams. Please note: This game should only be played with those with a good sense of humor, tough skin, or anyone who has foolishly consumed too much alcohol.
Dear Ty,
Dear Ty, If you should ever get bored one day, decide to google yourself, and stumble upon this post... I hope that you will not only learn more about your true self, but that you will also consider shaving the flavor saver, as Chris did, well before entering his thirties.
Thoughtfully yours,
Meghan
Thoughtfully yours,
Meghan
4 comments:
The resemblance is undeniable! How funny :) They even shop at the same store for shirts, huh?
What a wonderful ministry! So great your hubby is spending his weekend time helping others. If we all committed to acts like this, it would be a much better world.
Okay, really I just wanted to comment on your baby bump which is absolutely adorable! Can't wait to know the sex, so I can start crocheting something for him or her.
Love ya, you look radiant, m'dear!
Thanks Leslie, you are too sweet! we can't wait to know the sex either...unfortunately we are going to wait until the baby pops out :)
definitely looking cute with that bump! adorable.
You are hilarious! As I read this, all I can think of is how you have time on your hands to create such a masterblogpeace that you will no longer have when baby Weaver blesses you in 27 more weeks:)
But then again, you will probably have even more enlightening and comical satire to share with us at 2AM when baby Weaver has plans other than sleeping...
Post a Comment