Friday, May 21, 2010

Onward and Outward

We've been married a little over 3 years, welcomed 2 delightful and well behaved dogs into our home, and traveled to such exotic locations such as Costa Rica and Boise, but now the true adventure begins. When you combine my sick and twisted sense of humor, double jointedness, ability to remember important dates, and large cow eyes with Chris' offbeat and often off color sense of humor, unique singing voice, deep set belly button, small almond eyes, and heightened metabolism, what do you get? A child of God! Yes the Lord has blessed us with an amazing gift, which we will try our very best not to embarrass on a daily basis. But for the next 28 weeks we need to get everything out of our system. So, here is Chris simulating my baby bump. (This picture was made possible, in part, to the recent opening of a Jimmy Johns Sandwich Shop, a Weaver hotspot!)

Despite a spike in sandwich consumption, Chris still maintains his constant 175lbs. I try to explain to Chris that weight gain is an essential part of pregnancy, but he's under the false assumption that I should be the only one tipping the scale over the next several months. The baby is totally on my side though. Look at this cute little fatty. (You may need to double click on the picture to enlarge, or you might just want to grab some glasses.) This picture was taken at 8 weeks with the use of a high powered wand and some belly lube. Four weeks later we heard the heartbeat and are currently anticpating our next sonogram at 5 months. That's when we can really get a good look at what our offspring is going to look like. At that time, we'll strictly be focusing on non-gender specific features. There will be no ring test to determine the sex either, cause we all know that the ring test carries the same accuracy as a sonogram, and we wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!

2 comments:

ChrisRobinson said...

YEAH! Dude, my brother had to whip out of the hospital last weekend to go get Amanda a Jimmy Johns sandwich she'd been craving for months on end. Hilarity.

Deep set belly button. I am dying. Rob shares this curious feature, the lint grabbing black hole! In fact it's such a fixture in our household, I draw it sometimes and try to make him guess what I'm drawing, but he still never gets it until I'm putting the finishing touches on him, ie the smiley face and "Hi I'm Rob" speak bubble.

l said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!! Meghan, you will be a fabulous mother!! We definitely do need to get together. I'm so sorry we haven't. Love ya.